Under Gary Heath and Ann Glazer's leadership, MSDE with an advisory team of MD reading experts developed these tools to help teachers plan their instructional programs. These tools provide:
- Brief constructed items to assess VSC objectives.
- An explanation of proficiency on the VSC objective.
- Sample student responses to brief constructed items.
- Instructional next steps based on diagnosis of student work.
- Audio discussions that model defining proficiency and diagnosing student performance.
|2.A.4.b.||Identify main ideas/messages|
|2.A.4.c.||State and support main ideas and messages|
|2.A.4.d.||Draw conclusions and generalizations from text to form new understanding|
|2.A.4.d.||Summarize or paraphrase|
|2.A.4.g.||Summarize the text or a portion of the text|
|2.A.4.g.||Draw conclusions and inferences and make generalizations and predictions from text|
|2.A.4.g.||Synthesize ideas from text|
We welcome your comments and suggestions regarding how we can make these tools more useful to you on the feedback form.